CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Miriam's First Primary Talk

Talk order is chosen by random in our primary.  We have each of the kid's names written on a popsicle stick and when it is time to choose we pull sticks until we find the name of child in Primary that week.  That being the case, I thought it was funny that Bethany was chosen to give a talk last week, and then Miriam was chosen for this week.  I think someone was looking out for both Miriam and I :o)  Bethany has a bit of a tendency to gloat, in fact one of her favorite things to say is "na na na na boo boo" obviously using that sing song taunting voice....   So I think a loving Heavenly Father was preserving our sweet Miriam from having to listen to that for a long time.  Miriam's name got chosen just minutes after Bethany gave her talk....

Miriam helped me write her talk for Primary and she was SO excited to give it!  She talked about it all week long and the first thing she said to me Sunday morning after I woke her up was "is it church day for my talk today?"   The theme was "The Scriptures are the Word of God" This is what she said....

"I love to listen to stories.  Books are fun to read, but my favorite stories are the ones my parents tell me about when they were little,, and stories from the scriptures.  One of my favorite stories is when Jesus got baptized.  I ask my Mommy to tell me this story a lot, and I love to listen to the song too.  It makes me want to follow the example of Jesus.  I know that is something Heavenly Father wants me to do because the scriptures tell me so.  I can't wait until I'm old enough to get baptized. I'm happy we have the scriptures to teach us what we should do.  I Love Heavenly Father and Jesus and I know that following what the scriptures say will help me be more like them.  I say these things in the name ...."


What a sweetheart!  She was so excited and made sure everyone heard her even with a broken microphone. Good job sweetness!

No comments: