CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 7, 2011

B is for birds and more importantly, Bubbles!!!

We have been doing "Alphabet Summer".  I started coming up with ideas of things we could focus on for a day. I thought it would help the girls have fun learning and give us some direction this summer.  I came up with a great list, and then one of my friends posted that she was doing something similar with her kids.  She included links to several other blogs that had idea lists, and I ended up keeping most of my list, but I did end up changing a few.  I think the most important change I made was deciding not to go in order...

We have done several activities in the last couple of weeks, including one yesterday.  Our letter of focus was B.
We started with a coloring activity and traced the kids hands.  We made these cute handprint dove crafts. Then we made bird feeders out of pine cones and bird seed.  While we were hanging them in the trees out back, the girls decided they wanted to go swimming in the backyard.  Tim filled up the little pool, and I decided it was as close to a bath as we were going to get until our water heater was fixed.... so I poured a TON of Johnson's Baby Wash in the pool as it filled.  Because he was using the spray nozzle on the hose- we ended up with some serious bubbles!  The best part was the girls played together nicely in it for almost 4 hours, and they thought that I had PLANNED it, rather than throwing it together on the fly at their suggestion :)  I don't think I'll tell them.....


While we made the bird feeders Jonathan helped Daddy water the garden :)

Alix LOVES to climb the tree in the backyard.  In fact she put her bird feeder right where she would run into it everytime she climbs.  She doesn't want to stop climbing, so we ended up moving it....

No comments: