Each of my girls has a bunny and blankie they are VERY attached to. Jonathan has an elephant, a dog, and a blankie. His are called Bankie, Bunkie (the elephant), and Karl (the dog). They all have a hard time going to bed without their special items. In fact, the threat of losing a bunny or blankie for the night has curbed many an undesirable activity....
Tonight Bethany couldn't find her blankie anywhere. We took Big Bird's advice and walked backward through her memory, and still no luck. Tim spent over 20 minutes looking and no sign of it anywhere.
I wasn't feeling well, so I was laying down on the couch and Tim said he would put the kids to bed on his own. Miriam was saying her prayers, and without any help or prompting from Daddy, she asked for Bethany's blanket to be found. As soon as she said amen, her face lit up and she said "I know where it is!" She walked down the stairs and straight to the black purse hanging from the vacuum. She walked up to it, reached in, and pulled out Bethany's blankie. She KNEW it was an immediate answer to her prayer! What is that saying about the faith of a child?
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Aww! That is so sweet!
I love watching Children's faith in action. It's so beautiful. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment