We have been wanting (NEEDING) a new camera for quite awhile now. We had a fairly nice one that I liked pretty well, but it died just before we moved into our new house last May. The camera we've been using is ancient (it was nice at one point, but is 3 mega pixels, and SUPER slow) and I have missed SOOOO many pictures I really wanted because it takes so long and has no zoom. So anyway, we've been saving for a new camera since the other one died, but other things have definitely taken priority... things like surgery for Bethany, flood damage when our sump pump had issues, etc. Things that really couldn't wait. I kept thinking we'd never get one we wanted, and we'd have to settle for something crappy.
When Tim's Oma died she left money for each of her kids, with the desire that they share some with the grandkids. With what we got from Oma and what we had saved, we were able to get a great camera.
I have wanted a DSLR because they are fast, but more importantly because you can play around with the settings for the best light. See, my kids glow.
This is just one of MANY examples - though most have already been deleted.... notice Jonathan's hair... he is SOOOO fair that many times when I take pictures of him on the automatic settings of a camera, he ends up as a big white blob in the middle of the screen. It is really hard to get him lit correctly.
The camera we bought was a lot less expensive than a DSLR, but still allows me to play with the aperture and ISO settings. I don't remember much from my photography classes, so I really need to do some reading and playing around. I have done some playing around already and I am pleased with the results, though I still have a lot to learn.
I know this turned out a little dark, but he was sitting in the living room, with the sun streaming in the window to his side, and he isn't glowing!!! Wahoo!!! I can't wait to play around more :)
Monday, February 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Congratulations!!!! So excited to see all these great pictures!!
YAY for new cameras!! That means we ALL get spoiled with more beautiful photos of your children. :) Great news!!!
Post a Comment