CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 20, 2011

Alix had a play date...

Alix was super bored this afternoon, so we decided to invite over a friend from school.  I called Joshua's mom and she brought him over for a few hours.  They played while I worked..  At one point I was sitting at the dining room table ironing capes and pinning while the kids were sitting at the coffee table on the other side of the couch.  They were cutting up magazines and gluing the pictures to Popsicle sticks to make puppets.They were having fun, and I was thoroughly enjoying eavesdropping on their conversation.  At one point it was all I could do not to giggle out loud...

Alix - "Joshua,  some day, when you have a girlfriend, you sure are going to love her a lot, aren't you?"
Joshua- "Yep, I will. But Alishaundra, don't you know I already have a girlfirend?"
Alix- "oh yeah?"
Joshua- "Yep.  Do you know who it is?"
Alix- (expectant waiting through a very long pause....)
Joshua- "It's you!"  said with a HUGE grin....

So this was a very cute conversation and I was inwardly groaning the whole time...  "I was thinking- OH NO!!!  She can't really be that much like I was... I can't handle a ME!!!"  

Oh, but wait- it gets better....

A few minutes later Jonathan woke up so we all went upstairs to get him out of bed. Then I went back downstairs to get rid of the scissors and glue the kids had been using.  I thought they were following me... I was wrong.  I heard them jumping of the bed and went back up to tell them to stop.  I kind of snuck up the stairs and poked my head around the corner just in time to see Alix and Joshua kiss.  AGHHH!!!  I said something, and they both got embarrassed that I saw.  

After Joshua left a few minutes later Alishaundra informed me they kissed "at least 20 times" while he was here.  When?  I am really hoping that was an exaggeration....  They were with me almost the entire time he was here!  

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Laura, I am laughing the entire time!!! Poor you! Yay Alix! Now, Alix... stop growing up. Oh - and Laura, you know no one is going to let their kids come over to your kissing house now ;) You've branded yourself. ha ha