While Tim dealt with the whining that accompanied him making the kids clean up their mess I sat and wrote my manifesto--
From now on I will be cooking meals for myself and Daddy and
doing only our laundry. I will not do
any children’s laundry or cook their meals unless the following conditions are
met
1- All
laundry must be sorted into the proper colors in the laundry hamper in the
bathroom or in the bedroom. Any laundry
that is on the floor will not get washed.
2- I
will wash bunnies and blankies every other week even if they are not in the
hamper. If they don’t get washed and are
deemed too dirty by Mommy, they will be confiscated until the next regular
laundry day.
3- I
will not cook meals for any child unless their messes are picked up throughout
the house. The family room, living room,
and kitchen floor must be free of toys and all cushions must be on the couch. Any child that does not participate in the
clean up will be provided bread and peanut butter to make themselves a
sandwich. Once the rest of the family has started eating the opportunity for that meal has been lost. No other foods will be consumed for that meal or until their messes are picked up. -- NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
4- The
upstairs bathroom is to be used by mom and dad only (except at bedtime.) The downstairs bathroom is for child
use. The floor should remain free of
clutter and the sink should be wiped down at least once a day. The toilet must be cleaned on Monday by Alix,
Thursday by Miriam, and Saturday by Bethany . Anyone that does not take their turn will be
fined $.50 for Mom’s labor. This will be taken from piggy banks or
deducted from weekly allowance
5- Anyone
using inappropriate words will get their mouth washed out with soap and be
fined $.25 Inappropriate words include
poop, poopy, jerk, meanie, stupid, and sticking tongue out at parents.
6- NO
friends will be invited over unless the
family room and kitchen floor are clean.
If they are messy and you ask to invite a friend over the automatic
answer will be no. If you whine about it
you will be fined $.50 for the cost of headache medicine.
7- Alphabet
Summer activities will be carried out when the house is clean. If you want to do something fun, clean up
your messes first.
8- There
will be NO MORE than 1 hour of TV. If the family room is messy, the TV stays
off. If you whine about it, you will be
fined $.50 for headache medicine.
I reserve the right to change these rules as I find
necessary. I will let you know off
changes in advance.
The faster you figure it out, the more fun we will have and
the happier we will all be. I love you
all and I love being your mom, but I am not teaching you good things in
allowing you to completely take advantage of me. The lesson changes NOW.
Love, Mom







2 comments:
good for you! I hate all the complaining. Good luck!
I have to say, AWESOME!!! I can see one of these happening in the future here.
Post a Comment