CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 9, 2009

A Heartbeat!

Tim and I went to the Dr. for my first appointment last Friday. Before I even knew I was pregnant, I had a dream in which I had just brought my newborn triplets home from the hospital, and Tim was headed to the dr. for himself. As he put it "ffirst you had one, then two, now three, I am NOT taking a chance on four!" And so he was headed for the big snip. Funny Dream. Until I found out less than two weeks later that we were actually expecting....

So begins the weeks of worry and wondering if that dream was some kind of warning, just to give us a bit of a heads up so neither of us would die of shock or anything. When I scheduled the appointment with a new dr (mine retired) I wanted to make sure they would do an ultrasound at the first appointment. They said it wasn't customary, but they would if I had a good reason. When I told the nurse I had 16 month old twins, she laughed and said they would schedule the ultrasound.

Imagine our relief, and joy, when the Dr. said everything looked really good, and that there was only one heartbeat. I wouldn't mind having triplets, someday, maybe, but if I had them now, I would end up with 6 kids 4 years old and under.... Can we say Jon and Kate?

Really I am just glad everything looks okay. It was pretty early to tell much, but he gave us a due date in early Oct, to be pinned down and confirmed a little later.

3 comments:

LizzyP said...

Like you, I'm sure, I have LOVED having twins. What a blessing. I'd do it all over exactly the same. (I'm getting choked up just considering "my lot" in life.) But my heart skips a beat when I think about having triplets. I can understand your anxiety over the prospect! I'm glad you hear that you have a healthy little baby warm and cozy in there.

Julie said...

Hooray for only one! I can't wait!

melonamc said...

Congratulations! Very exciting news.