CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 17, 2009

Our house....

WE ARE DONE!!!!

We closed on our house this week, and should be getting a check either today or tomorrow, which means it has been EXACTLY two years... we put the house up on Tim's 34th birthday, and he will be 36 tomorrow.
I have to admit, I have some very mixed feelings. I am SO GLAD to finally be done with this whole process. The up and down, the waiting, not knowing when it would all be finished. At the same time, I have to admit I am angry. We have spent thousands of dollars on our house over the last two years, while we haven't even been living there, and we're getting almost nothing out of it. When all is said and done, that check I'm supposed to get today will be less than $4000. The realtors are making more on the house than we are. (almost double in fact....) So much for using the money from our house to get out of debt or have a down payment!
I have to admit that sending "jingle mail" had occured to us (that is where you mail your keys to the mortgage company and basically walk away), but we couldn't feel good about it. We weren't concerned so much about what it would do to our credit as just not feeling it was right. We made a commitment to pay, so we have to pay, no matter what. Now it feels like we are being penalized for doing the right thing. I supposed I should stop complaining since we are at least breaking even, and I know a lot of people aren't in the current market, but still.... I'm going to shut up now so I can try to be positive.

2 comments:

Jan said...

I was so excited for you when I first started reading. So sorry to hear about the check. I hope things work out for you and that you are able to get into a home whenever the time is right.

Allyson said...

But YAY! You sold your house! I am so glad your you.