CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Good thing they're cute...

So today has been a really frusrating day for us. Last night Alix was really noisy when she went to bed at nine, and she woke up both her sisters. They had been asleep about half an hour when that happened. That meant they had slept just enough to take the edge off, and were ready to play. Tim had gone to bed just after Alix since he had to be up at 2:30 this morning. I was trying to deal with a very grumpy baby that needed to sleep and just wouldn't, along with his sisters who were in the same boat.

After putting the girls back to bed numerous times, confiscating a lotion bottle Alix had taken out of the trash and filled with water, drying the floor, putting pajamas back on, etc. the girls FINALLY went to sleep just before 11:00 pm.

Now for today- because they had gone to sleep so late last night, the girls SHOULD have slept in so they would be human today. Apparently none of them has figured out how to read yet, or they just ignored my memo. The little girls were up by 7:15, and Alix was up by 8:00. That is NOT enough sleep for them....

All three girls were having a very hard time being civil with each other this morning. Fights were pretty well constant, accompanied by the highest pitched screaming- you know that piercing shriek that is just within the human hearing range, but dogs all over the neighborhood start perking up their ears.... I was making myself some eggs around 10:45, because I had been running around breaking up fights and trying to take care of Jonathan so I still hadn't eaten. The girls all begged for some, even though they had eaten so I let them have the first batch and made myself some more. Not one of them even ate a single bite, but Bethany did manage to knock Alix's chocolate milk off the table as they all left to go downstairs. I was not even finished cleaning that mess up when Alix came and handed me my mascara telling me Bethany had gotten into it, twice.

I went into the family room where Bethay had gotten into my makeup bag. She had opened the drawer it was in, pulled it out, gotten the zipper undone, and then opened the bottle of foundation. The previously full bottle was laying upside down at the bottom of the love sac, its contents staining the expensive bag in several large puddles... Needless to say, mommy was NOT very happy with Bethany!

Fortunately, the day did get better after that. I even managed to get a workout in, as well as spending some time with Alix doing puzzles and letting her do my hair. Plus ALL the kids went to bed MUCH better tonight, which is the only reason I am able to be here right now;)
I have to say- my kids drive me absolutely NUTS sometimes, so it's good they are so darn cute, and it also helps that they look like little angels when they are sleeping...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh bless you!

Julie said...

You're right Laura...it's a good thing they are cute! I'm sorry for your rough day! :)

LizzyP said...

Oh, I can relate. Sometimes I just want to yell out to the universe "can you just take a break on things tending towards chaos!"

Jan said...

AMEN!!! Glad your day got better!!