CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 10, 2010

A playroom for mommy...oh, and the kids too!

For Christmas, the kids got a new playroom. (Shhh, it is really a present for Mommy and Daddy, but don't tell the girls that :)

They got the stuff we were going to put in there, and then we spent the week moving Alix into the girls room, painting, putting up shelves, and organizing all the toys.
Here's a shot of my goofball husband Tim after he finished doing to corners with primer. Notice, I am never in the pictures.... I am always the one that pulls out the camera, so I rarely make it in the shot. This being said, I don't have photo proof to show you I did all of the roller work with both the primer and the paint :)



Ok, I shouldn't say ALL the work because Alix did "help" :)






Drum roll please................






Here's our new playroom!

Notice the height of the shelves....

The girls have to ASK to get toys down, and they only get one bucket at a time.
























Bethany and Miriam love to cook!
Actually, all of the girls do. Alix likes to be head chef and Miriam and Bethany act as her sous chefs. When this picture was taken I walked past the room and they were playing so cute together. I love that they are such good friends. The only hard part has been Alix likes having some alone time, and she no longer has her own room.





My sister Jana's kids stayed with up overnight on New Years so she and her husband Ron could celebrate their anniversary. My mom watched all the kids (except Jonthan and McKay- both 3 months old) on New Year's Eve so we got to go play too. Then we watched them in the morning, even though they are pretty self sufficient, or Meagan and Rachael are anyway :)

No comments: