CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Everyone deserves a Lyndall....

Last week as we were taking pictures after Jonathan's blessing, I was thinking these kids could be Lyndall's... Seriously people, look at the pics.



This made me think about the relationship my kids have with her.




Lyndall and Jonathan


Miriam, Lyndall, Jonathan


Miriam, Lyndall, Jonathan, Bethany, Alix


I don't want to take anything from anyone else, because really, my kids are very blessed with wonderful aunts and uncles. But, their relationship with Lyndall really is something special.

Lyndall has always made great efforts to spend time with us. This includes the time we lived in Idaho. She made numerous trips to our house and spent the weekend with us. She was there within a few days of Alix's birth.




She was there for Alix's first camping trip a few months later.





She came up for the 4th of July when Alix was a year old.


(she even brought Jana's kids Meagan and Rachael with her...)




These are just a few representations, she made far more trips than I have pictured here.... And on those trips she spent a lot of quality time with Alix. She also made great efforts to spend time with her whenever we came to Salt Lake.
Once we moved to Salt Lake, we were all living with my parents, so they got to spend all sorts of time together. Its no wonder Lyndall (or variations thereof) were among the twins first words.

My girls love to "talk" the phone with Aunt Lyndall. Sometimes they actually talk, and sometimes they just listen, but they love it either way. In fact, anytime they are pretending to talk on the phone, they talk to Lyndall.




I would like to think this relationship is unique to my children, but Lyndall is a wonderful aunt to all of her nieces and nephews....

These are Jill's boys- Bradley, Arthur, Glenn, and Merlin
Jana's girls Rachael, Ashlee, and Meagan
Jeff's kids Katie and Cameron
I don't know exactly to express how much my kids love her, or how much I do. We see her fairly often, but we would all love to see her more. She lives an hour away though, and gas is expensive, so we'll make do with once a week :)
We LOVE you Lyndall!












1 comment:

Jan said...

I so agree!! I have always loved Lyndall. I admire her and think she is an incredible women. A perfect role model for your girls. I am blessed to know her!!!