CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 19, 2010

A new Business

I am going to admit something publicly here- I need to do something that lasts, and something that contributes to our household financially. Yes, I teach piano lessons, but I only have three students at this point, and with four little kids that always need mom's attention, it would be hard to add more right now. I have been trying to think of something I can do while the kids are sleeping. I really enjoy sewing, and I have a great machine. Plus, it is something a lot of people can't (or won't) do. I have a little tie I bought for Jonathan that is absolutely adorable! I love it, but it was expensive. I have been thinking that I could make and sell little boy ties (among other things) on Etsy. This is still all in planning stages, but I found something tonight that will make it easier. I went to http://www.todaysgiveaway.net/ and one of the giveaways is from an etsy shop called Dainty Couture. They sell PDF patterns for lots of things- includings little boy ties- along with a commercial license that would allow me to sell the finished product without worrying about copyright infringement. I honestly feel like finding this site was an answer to some very specific prayers...

Small update here-- I WON!! I got the pattern for the tie free, so I will start production soon, after I've squared away things like a business license, pattern license, website, etc.... guess I'd better get started :)

3 comments:

Jana said...

I am one of those who CAN'T sew and would be the first in line to buy some little boy ties from you!!! Let me know when you get it up and running!

Jan said...

So happy for you. It is so empowering when you can find something that you are passionate about and that it can help with the family finances. Lisa has a store on etsy and she has done really well with it. Best of Luck to you!!!

Dainty Couture said...

I am so glad you were able to find something that you would like to do! That is exactly why we opened up our shop! If you need any tips or have any questions, please feel free to ask! Good luck with sewing and your new home!

Janet
Dainty Couture