CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 1, 2010

The days pass so quickly






I mean to write, and I keep thinking, I'll do it tomorrow... then I realize how many tomorrows have gone by without it happening. The whole reason I started this blog was to serve as a bit of a journal since I don't do very well writing in my real journal. I don't do very well writing here though either....

Recently I have had a little more time to myself. I have actually been sewing a lot. My cousin is getting married in a few weeks. Her mom Shirley used to quilt and has always planned to make her only daughter a quilt when she got married. However in recent years she had dealt with increasing amounts of pain to the point she is no longer able to do so. She already had the materials for the top, so I said I would put it together for her. It has become a family project. My mom and my sister in law have taken turns watching my kids while I work, and my Aunt Nancy is going to take the kids this week so I can finish. The others in the family have contributed to buy the rest of the materials and pay the postage to get it to AZ.

I decided to embroider special dates and phrases on some of the solid blocks to go along with the pieced ones. At this point I have the top finished so I just need to attach the back, bind it, and then quilt it on my machine. We thought about tying it, but decided it would look much better quilted. I will post pictures when I get it finished.

1 comment:

Jan said...

You are amazing Laura, I still have the amazing quilt you made for Allie. You have an amazing Talent can't wait to see the pictures.