So for any of you that have not heard yet, our new little bundle arrived on Wed, Sept 23 at 10:48 am. I started having contractions about 3:00 am and we got to the hospital about 6:00. The nurses all thought I was there to be induced since Tim and I weren't freaking out... it was kind of funny how they reacted when I told them that no, I was actually in labor and my contractions were only a few minutes apart. They got me checked in and paged the dr. He didn't come, din't come, no calls, etc. After more than an hour the nurse started getting worried and he walked in. Apparently when she paged him, she gave her home number, so when he tried to return the page the phone just rang....
Dr. Hansen broke my water around 9:00 (amazing how that changed the intensity and speed of contractions....) and the baby was born just under 2 hours later. Apparently I changed my mind about the whole natural thing, and let everyone know it by yelling "I don't think I want to do this anymore..." but since I was already at a 10 and ready to push, it was way to late to change my mind. Tim and the nurse just encouraged me, and two pushes later, Tim was telling me through his tears that we had a boy.
So this is the first picture of Jonathan Ward Dieckmann, taken about a minute after he was born... The nurse kept trying to take him from me so they could clean, weigh, and measure him. I wouldn't let them, so Tim made all his phone calls without having any stats to give. I finally let Tim take him after about half an hour, and at that point he and the nurse took him to the nursery to bathe, and get stats.
The proud daddy! Finally, some more testosterone in the house :)
Once we got the stats back we found out Jonathan was 8 lbs, 7 oz. and 20 1/2 inches long.
Later that day my sister in law Julie brought the girls to the hospital. As Tim made phone calls in the morning, he told people the baby was here safely, but he didn't tell anyone what it was. ( for those of you that didn't know, the sex of this baby was a complete surprise....)
This is Alix getting to look in the diaper to find out if she had a brother or a sister. Actually, we missed "the moment" so this is after daddy had Jonathan dressed again. I wish we had captured the look on her face though- SHE IS SO EXCITED!!!!










6 comments:
Oh my gosh, Laura..I'm so happy for you guys. He's beautiful..I'm mean HANSOM! I seriously cried happy tears for you, reading your story. Congrats again..give him a kiss for me..hoping that's not to weird, because we have never actually met..but I'm just so happy for you :)
Congratulations! Really just so excited for you! I don't know how you could wait to to see... I'm just not the patient. I wanted to know w/ all them, way before they could tell me.
He is a beautiful little baby!
Congratulations!!!! I have been meaning to call, I will try this weekend. We are so excited and happy for you! We are thrilled that it was boy! We truly love girls but are happy you have a boy to balance out the drama. Congrats again!
I love the picture of Jonathan and Tim...I swear he looks like he is smiling in that one! And Tim looks like he is going to explode with happiness. Congrats to you both...what a beautiful, perfect family!!!!!
Congratulations! Number four! You're made for this, Laura.
So excited for you guys! Congrats!
Post a Comment