Tim had an appointment tonight to donate blood at the Red Cross Donation Center. This sits just down the street from Wheeler Historic Farm, a farm from Pioneer times that has now been turned into a park. There are barns with all sorts of animals to look at, lots of grass to run and play, trails to explore, tree houses to play in, and lots of ducks and geese to feed.
Since Tim's appoinment was close to dinner time, I decided to make it a family event. I made a picnic with pasta salad, some veggies, chips, bread, and then we got a pizza.
We dropped Tim off and then once we picked up the pizza I took the kids to the farm. Just as we were pulling in the parking lot Alix announced that Jonathan had thrown up.
I have to admit, I didn't think it was that big a deal because if Jonathan even drools and there is a little milk in it, Alix tells me he threw up....
Then I got a whiff..............
This was not just a little drool, or even a little spit up.
Jonathan THREW UP!
I pulled the girls out and they played on the lawn next to the van while I got Jonathan cleaned up the best I could. Fortunately I had a change of clthes for him in the car, and I had just refilled the wipes.
Once I got him cleaned up, he was acting fine, so we went ahead with our plans. We took the loaves of bread we'd brought and went to find the ducks.
The kids had a great time feeding the ducks and geese. It was really funny though, because the birds kept surrounding the girls, and one even grabbed Bethany's hand in the process. It freaked her out a little bit, but it didn't really hurt so she got over it pretty quickly, I say about as long as it took her to get another piece of bread...
Eventually they climbed up on this stump to throw the bread down so they wouldn't be overrun by the birds. :)








No comments:
Post a Comment