CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Parade at the Elementary School 2010


Alix, Miriam, and Bethany were SO excited for Halloween this year!  I'm sure part of it was that they all decided what they were going to be on their own.  And.... I'm sure it helped that I took over the dining room table and made it into my sewing area.  They have been watching me work on costumes for quite awhile now. 
Everybody got their costumes on and we took Alix to school.  Then the three younger kids and I went and waited in the gym for the parade to start.
Miriam was a butterfly and Bethany was a ladybug.  In this picture they decided they wanted to practice flying......  :)

This is Mrs. Schofield - Alix's teacher




















This is Alix as a "Super Spider".
You can't really see it in this picture, but she is wearing a black see-through cape with a glittery purple spider appliqued  onto it.  She was SO proud of her arms (and I must admit I had my moments of pride too :)

I sewed her six arms and then used fishing line to connect the arms on each side to each other.  Then when she moved her (two) arms, she ended up with eight arms waving around.



After the parade Alix had a party in her classroom with all the kindergarten classes (both AM and PM)

Here she is participating in a cake walk... 


 This is Dr. McCarty, the principal.
These are a few of Alix's friends after school got out (including her "special friend" -- hint for you, the theme of their costumes actually goes really well together...but I won't tell you WHICH vampire he is :)

No comments: