CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Now is the most important time

We had Stake Conference today, and the talk that stuck out to me the most was given by an 18 year old... How sad is that? It isn't because the other talks weren't excellent, I just really needed to hear what this girl had to say. She talked about how the most important time is now. If we are constantly saying we'll do things tomorrow, we'll never get around to doing them. Now, all of those that know me well, know that I tend to procrastinate things. I am a very productive person, but I tand to do things at the last minutes because I have put them off too long...

So, my new goals...

1. I am going to set aside 1/2 hour a day to work with Alix on "pre-school" stuff. She wanted to go to school so badly this year, but we only have one car so I didn't have a way to get her there. I said I would do it at home, and I keep saying, we'll start tomorrow, or next week, etc. Thus, it is now March and we have yet to start pre-school... and we should have started in September!

2. I am going to spend 10 minutes a day doing something "extra" in my house. That way it will not be so overwhelming when I think of all the things that need to be done. I will do it a bit at a time.

3. I am going to write in my journal at least once a week. If I have not done it by Sunday at the kids bedtime, I will do it before turning on my computer and catching up on everyone else's lives...

I think this is a good place to start. I have more things I want to put on the list, but I know myself, and I know I need to start with a little bit at a time, or I'll drive myself nuts!
So, now that I have put this down here in the public forum, I am going to be accountable to all of you... I am going to start living in the NOW!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Laura

AWESOME GOALS!!!! I think you are amazing and I know you can do it!!!

Jan

Emalee said...

Laura,

Did you know that this was my sister? Pretty cool, eh? She really is great. Good luck with the goals.

Emalee Banks