Thank you, thank you , thank you to my sister Jill. She took our three girls all day Friday so Tim and I could spend his last day of vacation together without kids. I know she was a little apprehensive since it meant she had seven kids ranging from 18 mo to 9 years all day by herself. I was glad to hear the girls did well though. Her boys are so cute with them. Especially Arthur and Bradley. When we first got there, Arthurt went into his bedroom and brought out his prized collection of stufffed monkeys. He showed each one to Miriam and Bethany, and then let them play with the monkeys all afternoon. What a sweetie!
After we dropped off the kids we went to lunch at the Lonestar something.... Guy visited it on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives and really liked it, so we figured it must be really good. Sorry for any loyal lonestar lovers out there, but we weren't all that impressed. It was good, but I would have preferred the sweet pork burrito at Cafe Rio to the one I got there. After that we went shopping and got some clothes for the girls on clearance. We were looking for Easter dresses and maternity pants, but didn't get either. We did get a cute maternity top though....
We had gone on Priceline and had gotten a really good deal on a room at the Hilton downtown for the night. So we went and checked in. It was so nice to get a nap in the afternoon! I frequently fall asleep on the couch these days, but I wake up every few minutes to make sure the girls aren't killing each other or anything... (relax- you don't need to call DCFS, the room is gated and childproof, so they can't really get into too much trouble!)
We walked the few blocks to Gateway (unfortunately it was much colder than it looked...) and I had completely frozen hands by the time we got there. We had dinner at the Skybox Sports Grill and it was good. I wasn't a huge fan of the balsamic bruchetta pasta, but only because I don't like sweet pasta sauce. It was still good, just not fantastic. I'll tell you what was fantastic though-- the broccoli cheddar soup. It was a lot thinner than I expected, but it had really good flavor, and a nice kick due to cayenne pepper. MMMMM!!!
After dinner we took TRAX to the Off Broadway Theater and saw an absolutely hilarious play. It was "My School Musical"- a total spoof of the cheesy Disney musical. It was SO FUNNY! Tim and I were both laughing SO HARD! (It is playing this weekend and next, so for any of you in the area, I would highly recommend going...)
Saturday morning we had breakfast at IHOP and then went back home to the kids. Jill had dropped them off at my mom's house (our house too...) the night before so they were able to sleep in their own beds. Thank you Mom! I know it was a challenge to have the girls in the morning since she had piano students, but she still did it. Thank You! We had planned to attend Stake Temple Day, but our babysitter called to say she didn't want to watch the girls after all. So, I went to a baby shower instead.
Sunday my brother Jeff, his wife Julie, their kids, and my sister Lyndall came over for dinner and to play games. We had birthday cake and just hung out. It was a fun day. It was a fun weekend. Even though it was just one night away, we had a great time, and were excited to see the girls again. Overall, I'd have to say it was a great birthday, and a good way to end Tim's week off work. :)
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment