CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

SWEET ALISHAUNDRA!


Four years ago at this time, my sweet Alishaundra was getting her first bath. She definitely let the nurse know exactly how she felt about that, and things haven't changed. Alix is so much fun to have around! Her first words, at nine months, were "what's that?" She still loves that question, though she has also added why and how into her vocabulary :-) Things have gotten more interesting as she has grown, and I know someday (probably soon) her questions will go beyond my ability to answer.


Alix is very loving by nature, and loves to snuggle with people. She is a mommy at heart, and is often seen with a baby in her shirt as she prepares to get another one out of her tummy. (and this started LONG before I was pregnant, so don't anyone be saying I gave her ideas... if anything it was the other way around :) She loves to care for her babies and is concerned that all their needs be met. If she has someone over to play, they lose their name almost as soon as they walk in the door, and become "husband". She will play house for hours on end....

Alix is very concerned about doing what Heavenly Father wants her to do. If she is making a poor choice, one only has to ask what Heavenly Father would want her to do, and the behavior generally changes. This obviously doesn't work all the time, afterall she's only 4! (I'm 32 and I still have trouble with that one...) She is very sensitive to when others are hurting particularly if they are mourning someone, and she wants to make it all better. She loves talking about how people live with Heavenly Father when they aren't with us anymore.

I could go on and on about my sweet Little Miss. But, I should be preparing both a talk for Sacrament meeting and a Relief Society lesson, and yes, they are both for THIS Sunday. (makes me really glad I asked to have Alix's primary talk changed to a different week!)

Happy Birthday Sweet Lady! I love you around the world and back, lots and lots of times!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's also really lucky to have a mom that see's her many talents. Thank you for sharing

LizzyP said...

She's a perfect four-year-old version of YOU! What great things she'll do in her home . . .