CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sick.... AGAIN!

It seems like we have spent a lot of time sick lately. I don't know why that is.... but it happens. Tuesday, Alix woke up in the middle of the night hungry, so Tim gave her a banana to eat while he ate his breakfast. An hour later she woke me up saying her tummy hurt. I gave her a bowl and put her back in bed. At 5:30 she woke me up again, and this time she really did throw up. Then again at 7:30, 7:35, 7:42.... you get the point. The two of us spent all morning in the bathroom with her hunched over the toilet. She didn't get a break of more than about 15 min all morning. Then around 11:30 she got a blessing from her grandpa, and then was finally able to sleep. She slept for several hours, only waking up when I forced her to so we could take her to the dr.


Last night I was about to leave to go to a girls night out/ farewell dinner for a friend moving to Texas this weekend. Just before I was to be picked up, I was putting on mascara in the bathroom when Alix starts yelling "Mom, Miriam is throwing up in the living room"

I went in there, and sure enough, she had made several messes.... lovely. I got it cleaned up, and when Tim got home I left to meet my friends. (Thanks Tim! A lot of dads would have asked mommy to stay home...)


He did call when Bethany started throwing up too. Two almost 2 year olds, throwing up, NOT FUN! We spread a big blanket on the floor and hung out with a big metal bowl all night. They finally stopped throwing up around 4:30 this morning, and we were all able to get some sleep. Then I started throwing up this morning. Great fun, huh? Fortunately, I have a wonderful sister that had the day off today and spent much of the day playing with the little girls so I could get some rest. It also helped that even though they were feeling better today, they were really tired from the rotten night's sleep last night, so they took several extra naps. Now we just have to hope nobody else gets it....


This is a picture of the girls when they finally got to sleep. They were so cute, and I couldn't resist since they don't usually sleep together anymore.


1 comment:

LizzyP said...

Sick kids aren't any fun at all. And when Mom gets sick, "Santa Paciencia!" Seriously, you're getting major heaven points for all this work you do with your kids.