I had a doctor appointment this week and it was kind of funny. After he measured me, I asked him what I was measuring so I could compare with Jana, my sister that is due just two weeks behind me. He said I measured 35 weeks, so I asked what I should be measuring. He just looked at me funny and said, "Laura, you are 34 and a half weeks....you're right on." All of a sudden I freaked out. I have been aware of where I am, but all of a sudden it hit me, I really only have 5 weeks left, and that is IF I go all the way to my due date. I expect I will be fairly close though since Alix was born ON her due date and Miriam and Bethany were only 2 weeks away from theirs (which is REALLY good with twins...)
So, this week I have been trying to cram in all the projects that need to get done before the baby comes. Alix has been waking up a lot in the middle of the night lately, and she wants to sleep with me, or in the bean bag chair just outside our bedroom. So the other night I asked her why she came down so much. She said she just wanted to be closer to mommy and daddy. I "guided" her to the idea of switching rooms with her sisters so she could be downstairs with us. So, that is what we did ALL DAY Saturday. It took us forever because the little girls room hasn't really been theirs...
I know that sounds funny, but two walls are lined with shelves that contain food storage, games, dishes, etc. There are two closets in the room, one for clothes, and one that is all shelves. The shelves were full of food storage and my sisters stuff that she left behind when she moved (a year ago). The clothes closet hhad their dresses in it, but then the rest was full of Lyndall's stuff and all the clothes that are either too big or too small for my mom.
Anyway, we ended up moving all of my sister's stuff, all the dishes, some of the shelves, etc. It made for a REALLY long day. We got the rooms switched around for the most part though. I still have some clothes to move around and some toys that need to be moved, but we are really close.
Now we just need to rearrange the furniture in our bedroom so we have a place to put the new baby....
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
I've never needed a reminder to how close a baby is coming...good luck getting everything ready...don't kill yourself working to hard! Good luck.
Post a Comment