CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Being Thankful...

Happy Thanksgiving! I have always had a hard time writing in a journal because I am a detail person. Some, like my mom, are really good about writing. She does it for posterity. I on the other hand keep a journal to remind myself about important events and how I've felt. That makes it much more difficult I think... because I am a detail person. I write down every little thing so it takes me forever. I do well for a little while, then lose my drive, get behind, and the next time I feel like I have to catch up, so it ends up taking forever and I don't get very far. Someone once challenged me to write in my journal everyday and to include one thing I was thankful for. Instead I just made a thanks journal. It was a notebook where I kept a list of things I was thankful for. Most were just one or two word entries, no explanation necessary. It really helped me focus on the good things in my life, and since I wouldn't let myself repeat, it really made me think. I need to get back to doing that. I have so many amazing things in my life, but sometimes I focus on the craziness and frustrations instead of how blessed I truly am. So, I am going to start a thankful journal again, and this is going to be my first entry.

These are some of the things I am thankful for:

My wonderful hubby Tim

Alishaundra (otherwise known as Alix :)

Miriam

Bethany

Jonathan


No comments: