When I was younger I remember one of my favorite things being the "alone turns" we occasionally got. These were opportunities for us to spend some time alone with one of our parents, sometimes doing something fun, and sometimes just tagging along as errands were done. It was a chance for me to tell my mom about how my life was going, without interruption from siblings, and with her full attention on me. I relished those opportunities. I also loved my daddy-daughter dates, also alone turns, but with a more fun name...
We didn't make it to play group on Wednesday because the twins still had runny noses and coughs, and Bethany had been running a fever Tuesday night. Alix was disappointed, but not until afterwards since I made sure not to mention it beforehand. Someone else asked if we'd gone, that's the only reason she knew.... Anyway, Betsy said that they were going to meet again on Thurs, and asked if we wanted a ride. I said that would be great! I got the kids all ready and tried to find the babies carseats so we could go. I then realized I had taken the girls out of their carriers and left the seats in the bases in the car... so no park for the babies. Fortunately since it was their naptime anyway, my mom offered to watch them while Alix and I went to the park, thus the alone turn....

Alix enjoyed the attention of being alone with me so much that I decided to take her with me to the chiropractor on Friday. It was a quick appointment for an adjustment and then we went and ran errands together. We went to a thrift store and found three pairs of shoes for her that were in amazing shape! I got three pairs of shoes, a noisy book, and the book the Giving Tree (one of my favorites) for $8.00! I LOVE D.I.!







No comments:
Post a Comment