CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bethany- my little Snugglebug




I am so grateful for my little Bethany. I was a little worried about her while I was pregnant, because she just WOULD NOT turn around. I kept thinking "uh oh, this child is going to be willful, and stubborn, and ...." but now I realize, she is just laid back. I went in for an appt with the Dr. on Thursday, and she was still breech. When I got to the hospital in the middle of the night Sunday (okay really it was Monday morning) they did an ultrasound, and she had finally flipped. She was telling us right then "See, I got around to it, you all just need to chill a bit"

Bethany is my people person. When I hear Miriam start to go down the list in the morning, I go in to their room. As soon as Bethany sees me she starts saying HI and MOM - over and over again- as she jumps up and down at the end of her crib. She has a thousand watt smile on her face, and it is a look she repeats each time I come into a room. This is not just something she does for me though, she lights up whenever someone she knows well comes into the room. Alix is definitely one of her favorites....

She also loves to snuggle, especially in the morning. After I get the girls, we go up to the front room (aka the baby corrall) and we all sit on the floor. Miriam sees the toys and is off like a flash, Bethany on the other hand will sit and give me loves. When she does go after her toys, she frequently brings them back to show me, or will sit in my lap to play with them. I love it when she does that!

Bethany loves to play with other people, and even if she is screaming full-tilt, she will break out in giggles if her big sister starts a game of peek-a-boo. One of her favorite things to do is to go up to someone sitting on the couch and sit on their feet. She will then start bouncing up and down until you get the idea and start doing it. She would sit and bounce on someone's feet all day if they'd allow it.


Bethany is a thinker. She will sit and study something for a while, and then start to explore it. You can almost see the wheels in her brain turning as she tries to figure it out visually first. She doesn't talk very often, but when she does, her words are very clear. She actually says "gampa" really well, even though she only says it every other day or so... she can talk, she is just laid back....


I love you my Sweet Bethany! I am so glad I get to be your Mommy! I love you around the world and back lots and lots of times, my favorite Bethany in the whole world!!!








No comments: