I remember hearing a "story" when I was about 12, about someone that was praying as though the prayer bounced off the ceiling, and then one night, as they were saying their prayers, someone answered back. It was almost an annoyance to her since she was trying to get through her prayers to get to bed. I thought then how silly that was, no one would really answer like that....
What I realize now is that I was the silly one. True, I don't hear voices when I pray, but I am grateful to know someone is there listening. I went to a great fireside (religious meeting held at night, a little less formal than church) tonight with Jon Schmidt. If anyone hasn't heard his music, you should. He is AMAZING! I love to listen to him, and tonight he both played and spoke. It was so good!
He spoke about needing God in our lives. He quoted Ezra Taft Benson saying that being humble is recognizing we have a CONSTANT need for God in our lives. I need to do better with that. I know that Heavenly Father loves me and I am so grateful for opportunities like tonight. Thank you my wonderful Husby for watching the girls so I could go!
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment