CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

A place to live....


I own a home, and I don't live there. When we found out the twins were coming, we walked away from our first home and moved in with my parents. The plan was to live there for a few months while our house sold. And here we are, 15 1/2 months later, still living in my parents basement. While this isn't necessarily the ideal situation, it is a very good one. I am grateful that my parents were willing to take us in. I am grateful we all get along so well. And, I am grateful they have been willing to keep us, and that they aren't upset about it. I have worried that we would put a strain on them, but they let us know regularly how much they enjoy having us here.

One of the wonderful parts being here when the twins were first born is that my mom would watch Alix in the morning for me so I could sleep. The twins would regularly keep me up most of the night, but they would sleep pretty well from 6:30 to 9:30 am. It was such a relief that she was willing to take Alix so I was getting at least a few hours of sleep a day....

I think my very favorite part of living here though has been watching the relationship between my parents and my girls develop. When asked what her favorite toy is, Alix will ALWAYS answer Grandpa. She has him wrapped around her little finger. She loves to spend time with him, and they are so cute together. I am so grateful we chose to move back to Utah so they can be close. The relationship with the twins is sweet as well. Gudda- which is both Grandma and Grandpa, was within the first ten words both girls said. It is so fun to watch them light up when Grandma or Grandpa comes into the room!

THANK YOU MOM AND DAD!!! WE LOVE YOU BOTH!

Along with our place to live, I am also very grateful for my brother Jeff and his sweet wife Julie. They have been very kind and allowed us to take over half of their basement with all our stuff. They have saved us a small fortune in storage costs! THANK YOU!!!

No comments: