CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Modern Transportation

I wrote the other day about the letters exchanged between Joseph and Emma Smith and how greateful I was for them. As I was preparing the lesson, it talked about a trip he took that was 900 miles, and how long he was away from home. If you look at the average rate of travel during that time period, 20 miles per DAY, it would have taken 45 days. And that is without stops, days off, mobs, etc. Now, even driving, which is much slower than flying, 900 miles would take less than a day, with plenty of rest stops.

I am extremely glad we live in this modern age of getting everywhere so fast. Yes, many times I do wish the pace of life was a bit slower overall, but I am glad for the conveniences we have. On a side note, we went riding horses at my sister's house yesterday, and today Tim especially is really sore. We're glad that isn't our regular mode of travel. (ps. it was really funny to watch him sitting so gingerly today in church....)

I just realized how strange some of that must have sounded- I started this post on Thurs, but it is actually now Sunday night, just in case you were wondering =)

No comments: